RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who builds high quality ARFs
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Who builds high quality ARFs

Some are better then others but one thing you don't seem to see a lot of is an old ARF. About the second season of hard flying and they are really showing the signs of wear and old age. An air frame needs some wood and ARFs are all a bit light in that area. One of the guys I fly with does have a H-9 stick he has been flying for almost two years and it's looking good as new? I figure it flys hard about 12 times a week, maybe more? He is also running a gasser in it, the CRRC 26cc. Maybe H-9 has it figured out with that plane? As Chuck mentioned, hardware. Some of the hardware has gotten a lot better. When I mentioned the Wild Hare ARF as being one of the better ones I didn't even think about the hardware. The plane comes without any. They give you the choice of using your own or buying there hardware package. There package is all Dubro as I recall, the price was either $50. or $75. bucks so I always thought it was a bit over priced?? Good stuff but I thought I could find the same items cheaper?? The one I assembled had the hardware package so I'm not sure about that?