RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

ORIGINAL: Taurus Flyer

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

I know, but this is a family oriented forum.....

FB
FB, Gents

Do not let it be the situation that you all can write anything in this thread, it has to be preliminary “On topic”.

Subject of the thread.

This thread is the description of the reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth, the first contest Taurus Ed did build to use himself already in 1961.

It is the prototype of the later designed Frank Mijers plan Taurus and the Top Flite Taurus.

I did make this thread to know the dimensions of this Taurus because no other information was found no real plans were found and probably never did exist, as we also know of all other ''personnal'' planes of Ed Kazmirski.

Ed Kazmirski’s Taurus Thread results:

Proved is on this moment by the results of the step program I did initialize in “Ed Kazmirski’s Taurus” thread:
1. The claim, VR/CS did own the NATS 1962 as is shown on their video presentation on Internet is not true (AMA museum now).

Important international is:
2. The result of that investigation was also, the Taurus, Ed Kazmirski did use during the Internats in 1963 in Genk Belgium, was a mix up of two different Taurus models.

Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

After reconstructing also the Original Contest Taurus, for this Period called; Wester Taurus / Oldest Taurus on Earth, the dimensions of all the used Taurus models are known by me.
Because the dimensions of the known models is known by me also the mixed up model dimensions are known. For that reason this thread can switch over on “idle”.

Main reason to continue the thread now is to wait for results of the AMA.

In the mean time I will create the possibility to let people try to prove, if they believe, another story, for example as is told by the representatives of VR/CS and SPA my reconstructed Taurus did never exist.
For this input I will give assistance for example by photo comparison with my ''High resolution crate picture''.

After I do have the results of the AMA, I will take a decision what to do with this thread.
Before that moment I will not fly with the two Taurus models, they will be stored.
I myself will continue constructing the Les Fruh Taurus and Simla.

Cees
Many of us have already commented at length on each of the claims you listed above...no reason to try to provide further proof that our own time line and conclusions better follow the actual evidence; you have your mind made up. So have you now made your case directly to the AMA, and if so, what was the purpose of doing this? Do you expect the AMA to be convinced by your arguements?

You already know that VR/CS has retracted their original claim that was made in error in their video, that their Taurus, (now donated to the museum) was the original. At the time they believed this to be true, but when the facts were pointed out, the official VR/CS position was changed. They now know based on the available evidence that the fuselage was from the 1962 NATS Taurus, and the entire plane is the one that went to Belgium for the FAI championship in 1963. They now make no other claim. We want to make the record straight on that issue.

I believe there is a great deal of supposition, conjecture, and speculation in the claims you make above. You will never be able to prove them. The burden of proof at this point is really on you to show by means of new factual documentation (ie new photos, eyewitness accounts, or written material), that there ever was a pre-Frank Myers Taurus other than the so-called FLOP supposedly flown at the 1961 NATS that was a pre-Taurus model with a long nose moment and a short tail moment.

If you decide to "recreate" the Simla, the only way you can do it is to borrow heavily on UStik's measurement work already shown in the Ed Kazmirski's Taurus thread. Every scrap of available data we know about the Simla is already contained in that thread. Do you have any other information on Simla? If you do, it would be great if you'd share it with us as we have with you

Duane