RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who builds high quality ARFs
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Luftwaffe Oberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who builds high quality ARFs

It all depends on the model more than a brand. I've had one bad Seagull ARF, and I bought a different Seagull ARF ( Different Plane ) and it was one of the best builds I've ever had. Everything was well glued, the trim was even, the cowl was a perfect fit and the ARF went together very nice.

Same thing with Hanger 9, I've bought one Piper Cub .40 that was real bad, glue was poor, covering was wrinkled and didn't have much overlap in the covering etc. but I bought another and it was perfect.

Great Planes, I bought the Gee Bee and what a nightmare, I had to recover my elevator and ailerons, the belly pan didn't fit and the paint kept chiping off the fuse. Now I know if I bought another one it would most likely be better, who knows.

I used to be the first one to blame one plane and say the whole company sucks. I don't do that anymore because I know if you get a " Fridays Model " the quality will be different than a "Mondays Model."

Also everyone has a different build level, what might be a pleasent build for one might not be a pleasent build for another.

I've seen good Sig and bad, I've seen bad Hanger 9 and good, and I've seen good and bad for Goldberg which is now Great Planes.

To me I guess they are all good depending on you building skill level and how much money and time you are willing to spend to get your ARF looking good and flying right. JMHO and JMHE.

Hope I helped.

Pete