RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who builds high quality ARFs
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who builds high quality ARFs

I agree with the idea that it's very hard to say that company X builds good ARFs or bad ARFs. So much depends on which ARF it is. Best to do a lot of reading about any given model before purchasing it. So long as you know what you're getting into, you'll rarely be disappointed.

I'm taking a short break from building a World Models Fun World 3D. It's been great to work on so far! The manual is adequate, but that's largely because I'm experienced enough to sort things out on my own. All I really need is the CG location. One of the very best things about the Internet is that you can almost always look over a model's manual before you purchase it. You'll know what kind of effort will be required on your part along with an impression on the model and the hardware it comes with.

There isn't any perfect ARF. My Great Planes Super Skybolt is a good example. Almost everyone who has one raves about it. I've really enjoyed mine. Its got its fair share of problems, though. The bottom covering is cheap stuff that isn't Monokote and behaves poorly. The firewall is weak, weak, weakI had some time to think about that as I was wandering around looking for my engine a few weeks ago... but it's a really fun ARF.

In short, do your homework. No manufacturer is universally good. Take the time to download the manuals before purchasing.