RCU Forums - View Single Post - flying simulater or airplane fist
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 AM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: flying simulater or airplane fist

Thats a nice simulator, played with one as one of our friends recently hooked it up with his laptop, also tho on the low end is the Free FMS, its abit more static but certainly will give orientation skill as needed when the plane is coming towards you things reverse, I've used the FMS and for what it is will help tremendously, is a $25 controller for it and your ready to go, FMS likely to run on the lower level computers easily, but the G4.5 is a top choice, matches characteristics of each model etc...note things change with winds, bad trims, etc in the real world, so have a seasoned pilot as local club if you can, many provide a free trainer for the newcomers...

CAUTION : The J3 Cub looks like a nice opener, we flew a flyzone version at the same price, was 4 channel with high freq transmitter, and not alot of luck with this one, was very touchy on the controls expecially for a newbie, be careful on that choice....

Near that price you would do alot better with example already mentioned Super Cub, its around $179 range but the difference in handling is like night and day, its a winner, solid flyer, intrim with hands off the stick it rightens itself, one of the top trainers you'll find and the positive threads are all true, I eventually went into night flight with mine, well over 200 flights and then some...The Multiplex Easy Star also great if your into gliders, really enjoyed mine....I would personally suggest those two....

Defintely get a simulator, even the lower FMS tho not a top choice will leave $$ for the plane..here's two sites on my suggestions :

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Hobb...FQmbnAod0X0bqQ

Note is also a lipo battery version $10 bucks more, I flew both, won't go wrong either way, 1/2 throttle 17 minutes of pure fun

Cheaper FMS Simulator with control box $25

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSJR9

Have Fun ....