RCU Forums - View Single Post - My list - opinions welcomed
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Justintoxicated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My list - opinions welcomed

stop by savage-central.com and read the forums, lots of great hopups there

Im waiting for the new Tsias Pipe to get review the thing looks amazing for a good price, otherwise i hear the RB 086 is a great pipe probably better than the CVEC right now, im waiting for the Tsias revew though...

Motosaver is great. I bought a $1 hose clamp to prevent it from hitting the spur, it installs with the stock rubber fine if you push it off to the side, but even with a ziptie I found it moved a bit so I used 1 $1 hose clamp and have had no problems since. or you can buy a different spacer or use an exhaust thingy from a nitro sport or rustler.

For wheels I guess you can get the special wheel adapters from www.savage-central.com if you REALLY want to go all out, and then you can run the velocity rims. Im probably just going to get a set of HB or RPM's myself since I still have the stocker engine...the wheel adapters are $32 I believe.

the HB racing shocks (not the threaded ones) look as if they are exactly the same as the stockers only made of aluminum. Id get these over the threaded shocks as i hear the shafts bend easy on them, the guy at my LHS says the threaded shocks are the best, but when I asked why they were not on his truck he said he broke 4 shafts LMAO (sure they are the best buddy) It looks like if you use the racing version they may be somewhat interchangable with the stock parts if anything is weak but don't take my word on it. Ill proably upgrade the shocks last and jsut get some different springs and shock oil myself.

I want to get the high torque digital servos for $100 but ill never have that much cash for a servo so ill probably end up with the one mentioned above, then all rotate the other 2 using the stock throttle servo for reverse mod.

1 thing not listed on your list is the dual tank mod. I figured I'd check it out for $4 and it has made the largest difference. The truck can run through a whole tank of gas upside down, It accelerates faster, runs cooler and richer (alot more smoke but also more preformance) and it solves the 1/2 tank lean issue, I can run through a whole tank of gas without tuning or running lean on the the second 1/2 tank...if you notice when you get to just under a 1/2 tank your truck runs faster, this is why.

if you don't have the hump pack and failsafe get those too. My first mods were motosaver (a must stock filter is compleat junk and much too small), fuel filter, hump pack failsafe, HD dogbones all the way around (setscrews tend to fall out of the CVD's even if you add a second one) and dual tank mod.

You should also probably get a different clutch bell to get more outa that engine.

These are the things I would get first My next upgrade is wheels 1 of my wheel fell off right over the wheel nut thatholds it on, a added a washer and it seems to hold, But i hear the hexes will go on them shortly anyways. POS stock rims!

Also a good idea to locktight the tranny set screw in the transmition.

got my hump pack and failsafe here, I think I got a bad cell int he hump but they said they would ship me anotehr and refund me the shipping I spend sending it back cost