RCU Forums - View Single Post - Austar cessna 188 AG Husky Review
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
bananaman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Austar cessna 188 AG Husky Review

After a bit of flying on the weekend, a dead stick into long grass tested the original gear mod I did. It bent one side a little and a wheel hub failed. I changed the wheels and straightened the gear, but noticed a bit of creaking. Closer inspection showed the lower skin flexing a little and I thought there may have been damage to the gear attachment wood work. With the model apart, the aluminium angles that secure the gear to the inner fuselage walls had worked loose. So in yours, check that they are firm and the 3 bolts each side aren't loose. There is a problem though as you can not get access to the nuts without removing some of the fuselage covering. I ended up just saturating in CA and it seems to have fixed it. I haven't put on the new gear yet but I'll just use it as a drill guide and add 2 alu plates on the back side. Should be ample strength to compensate for the different holes.

My other issue is that the glue holding on the control surface corrugations is crumbling and I lost a few sections (Its always been stored away from light). I CA'd the edges but it has still separated.

Austars, do you have any sheets of that plastic available?

Otherwise its still flying fine.