RCU Forums - View Single Post - the simple flying pleasure of a 2M R/E glider
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the simple flying pleasure of a 2M R/E glider

After reading those stories of RE glider flight, I realize I need to recapture that original excitement I had when i first started out. Since moving to a flatland area, getting married and having 2 kids, My slope planes haven't seen much action. After my local glider club lost its flying privileges, I haven't done much in the way of soaring either.

I have many memories with my GL that was given to me in kit form from a friend who's dad bought it for him and left it in the garage for 20 years. I built it retaining some of its water damaged, and worm holed wood to add to its character. I just opened the box yesterday to look at remnants of the kit and the plans that disintegrate when you touch them. The GL still hangs gracefully in my garage ready to use at a moments notice. Ive since added a 2M Sovereign that flys wonderfully as well. It also hangs from the ceiling in my garage. My limited flying time now exists in blocks of minutes rather than hours. My collection now consists of mostly brushless parkflyers and now a helicopter. Their abbreviated flight time seems to work better with my current schedule and provide the quick fix that I need every now and again. I will continue to dream of a time when the day was mine, the weather perfect, and just me sitting in a lawn chair, controller in hand and looking towards the sky forgetting about everything else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85541.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1307953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59453.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	1307954