RCU Forums - View Single Post - Post pic of your runway from Google Earth
Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post pic of your runway from Google Earth

I thought it would be cool to see pics of your runways from Google Earth. Just state where its located and post pic and any background info. I fly at a Super Sod field in Lakeland Georgia, its not an official club, just a bunch of RC pilots who meet up an fly. Its awesome to fly here because the whole field is potentially the runway, so if you run into trouble like a deadstick or something u dont have to worry about making it back to the runway, just put her down anywhere on the field. Circled in red is the pit area, we usually take off parallel to that dirt road in the pic.

Also if anyone is unsure on how we got these pics heres a quick tutorial:
1) [link=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+map]Click Here[/link] and go to top search result
2) on the top right of map u can change view to satellite view then find your field using search bar
3)adjust your browser view so the google map pics takes up most of your computer screen
3) use the Print Screen key (usually towards the top right of keyboard, mine actually says Prt Scrn)
4) after you click Print Screen open microsoft paint and press "Ctrl" and key "V" at the same time to paste pic into Paint.
5) save this file as a jpeg and post onto RCU
(Optional Step) you can also open the Jpeg file in a picture editing program to crop the pic and resave.(I wasnt sure how to crop with the Paint program)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38444.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1311090