RCU Forums - View Single Post - Post pic of your runway from Google Earth
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Post pic of your runway from Google Earth

Our field is along the Pacific coast hwy, CA Hwy 1 between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. It is on the Choro Creek Ranch, a Cal Poly ranch. Our club built the field for the Cal Poly AeroSpace college, and the field is theirs, but we maintain it and get to use it when they are not flying. We have some very interesting class projects that show up at the field. One of the latese is a large helicopter that was donated to the college. The rotor head stand about 5t above the ground when the skids are on the runway. Oct 31 was the Aero 101 day where 30 teams of four students er team designed and built foam gliders. The earned points, the number of pennys x the seconds in the air. The were High Start launched and an Alumini who has been a club member since his teens and now owns and nitch aero space comany is the main pilot. I've got a bit more photo shop work and sorting before I get this years photos on our web site.

Anyway. Take a look at our home page, WWW.Sloflyers.com. I have a sat shot of our field next to the rapid fire weather infor from Cuesta College which is about a quarter mile away from the field.

Don