RCU Forums - View Single Post - Post pic of your runway from Google Earth
Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Skyhigh Bev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Post pic of your runway from Google Earth

[color=#FF0099]Gentlemen,

I fly at Markham Park (Broward County Regional Park in western Ft Lauderdale) KMPF!!!!!!!!!

We have a huge pit area, a jet corner, engine run-up table, 5 pilot cages, 2 taxiways, an impound with electricity and water. A very large pavillion (FBO) with mens and ladies restrooms, picnic tables and four locations of electrical outlets under it. Plenty of parking, a 55 acre airfield, a helicopter field w/2 helipads, a control line field, and the piece-de-resistance.... a 50 x 765 ft asphalt runway located at the turning basin of base to final approach for KFLL (Ft Lauderdale Int'l Airport) so we can watch all the big birds as they throttle back as they make that final turn heading in!!!!! You can't ask for any better than this gentlemen!!!! (and only 10 minutes from our closest local hobby shop or from Sawgrass Mills Mall.....Saks, Neimans, Coach...I'm in love!!!!! )

Here is our airfield as it is now.

Our park after Hurricane Wilma (it's the entire NW section of the picture ...I-75/sawgrass runs sortof North/South and I-595/alligator alley runs East/West. Our airfield is extreme SE corner of the park...we back up to both expressways.

and here is the grid from the TFR NOTAM we were sent a few weeks ago grounding all aircraft of any type except commercial within a 30 mile radius for 12 hours due to the Presidents arrival. Our Park/airfield is just above the "P" in the word Plantation.

Our Park also has camping sites for RV's, tennis courts, a fabulous rifle and skeet range, pool, jet ski lake and boat ramps...all bordering on the Everglades National Forest!!!!

Come on down and fly with us anytime!!!!! [8D]

Bev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85474.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1312434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31218.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1312435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60440.jpg