RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Uproar 40 build
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
prgonzalez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Uproar 40 build

ORIGINAL: RICKSTUBBZ
If I were to go with sheeting on all of the tail I would switch to 3/16” X 3/8” stock for the perimeter pieces. Maybe even 3/16” X 1/4” (doubled up at hinges only). Needless to say 3/16” X ?? for the internal bracing. This would give 5/16” instead of 1/4” for finished thickness after adding sheet. Could even use the 1/8” X ??, then you would finish out at 1/4” thick.
Yes, wood thickness compensation is need for this mod.

... PR, if you get the tail feathers to flex you have other problems. ...
In my case, what I found is that depending on how monokote shrinks, it can flex the stab. Monokote can make the same effect in some wing structures. And, we all know the end result when this happens.

There are many different combinations to shift weight to balance out a model to avoid adding dead weight. In my case, I opened a hatch in the fuse bottom half-tail and installed the battery there. Also, moved the engine as close as possible to the firewall, still have the servos per plan, and had to add 1/2-oz of lead to the tail for my flying like. I also replaced the wire LG with duraluminum LG. I love the solid feeling of these LG. With a 46-FX and 11x5 APC prop, I have unlimited vertical at almost 5-lbs.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27536.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1313023