RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Jumping" 1/10 Trucks and Buggies???
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Mickstix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

Derek, do you know if the Volcano and Tornado use the same shocks? Or better yet, if the T-Maxx shocks will fit on a Tornado 1/10 buggy?? I have the aluminum shocks on my Tornado S30, but I just noticed that the oil is all gone again.. I had just replaced the shock oil not 10 tanks of fuel ago.. Today I was runnin it and noticed it kept doing front flips ever time it hit a bump, so I checked it and the shocks all feel empty. (they can easily bottom out when I flex the suspension by hand) But there's no grease or oil buildup (that I can see) on the shock shafts or suspension arms?? So I dont know where it's going, but it's going somewhere.. Im gonna rebuild them again tonight and see if I can find any leaks.. These aluminum bodied shocks had screw on caps on both the top and bottom of the shock. (not really sure why) but anyway, I may try a little teflon tape on the threads when I put em back together this time and see how they do.. If they run dry again, in short order, Im gonna look into getting some upgraded shocks/springs..  Thanks for any info ya got on em'!!