View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honey Bee FP

ORIGINAL: Hawksbill
ORIGINAL: Tinkman
Hey JD,
Sorry to hear about your heli troubles. Just learning to fly one of these things is hard enough without all the 4-1 problems.
You're not the first person I've heard having problems with the V2 4-1. I'm wondering if the change from 7.4v to 11.1v is stressing the unit. I'm not an expert on the subject but it seems to me that if installing a more efficient tail motor causes the 4-1 to fail then there are other more serious issues that need to be dealt with. I'm sorry to say, it sounds to me like another 4-1 problem. I wonder if there's a tech support or something for diagnosing the problem. When mine went out, it was the gyro side that failed. Yours sounds like the receiver side.
Tinkman
Thanks, Tinkman.
I think you're right about the receiver. I removed the tail system (motor + boom and wires) and installed the entire tail system from my old HB and the problem with the 4 in 1 persists. I've only had the new HB for 2 weeks now. I plan to call the seller's customer support tomorrow afternoon and see what they can tell me.
Hey guys,

I've been following developments - and I only have one thing to add. Electronics usually go out rather fast. One moment it is working - the next not! So it was probably the motor dying at first, and when it wasn't changed out - the 4in1 got damaged in the receiver area.....[sm=confused_smile.gif]

......Just my 2c worth

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Sorry I'm to late to really help out
P.P.S. Please keep us informed of how your customer support call goes.....