RCU Forums - View Single Post - Experiences buying from xheli.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
JugMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Experiences buying from xheli.

Hello,
I just ordered an EXI 500 Carbon Helo kit, with some carbon blades, and a set of glass blades for practicing. It probably won't arrive for a week or so, but I was NOT able to get a 60 amp ESC (or a 70 amp esc for that matter) as they are out of stock until next year! Ouch.  Should I get one with a built in BEC? Can I set the BEC to 6 volts if I do? I guess I've gotta start shopping for that... any ideas? What recommendations do you dudes have for digital servos for this bird, I'm not sure yet exactly what will fit, and I guess the tail servos needs to be super quick?? The other three can be a little slower maybe, but need to be torquey, right?  I'll be using a JR 9303 radio  with a 2.4 module, and I'll probably use the least expensive JR six channel RX I can get (I think that would be a 6200). What about the motor brand,  and it's KV rating... what is best for a 500 size? I also need a battery, and I *think* it has to be a 22 volt battery.  I know the motor battery and ESC must all be spec'd together . Also, I have an upgraded gyro off of my Blade CP+ (it's an eFlite G90 model) maybe it's  not suitable for 500 size use?