RCU Forums - View Single Post - Analog Servos and 2.4 GHz
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:17 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Analog Servos and 2.4 GHz

ORIGINAL: pilotchute I believe while reading an article in MAN about the new Airtronics 10 channel radio a comment was made that analog servos are not or may not be compatible. I'm considering 2.4 GHz but I have too many analog servos that would then be trashed if I converted. So, my question are: Is this (analog compatiblity) an issue on some or all 2.4 radios? I have read little about this so it may not even be an issue. I'm very remote and hands on with the various radios is difficult. If there is an issue, is it by radio manufacturer or model type? When folks change over to 2.4 do they do it for everything and get out of 72MHz or go to 2.4 for their better planes?Is there more hype i.e. salesmanship etc. in 2.4 or is the need that significant? Liability, of course is a very real issue, as is protection of a valuable model. Since I fly in a remote area (club) and have thus far not seen, but heard of, interference bringing a plane down, yes, there is risk, but it appears relatively small. Is my assessment valid?I read a thread in which a member was trying to cut through all the marketing in order to decide which is the best 2.4 radio for him. He too was in a remote area. It appears to me, continuing to follow the different opinions on RCU may be most helpful in making up my mind of which 2.4 radio to buy along with comparison of specs. Hands on is not feasible, so opinions are sure welcome.
Main issues are with the voltage used on the signal line causing an issue with both older analog & some digital servos as well as the centerpoints and in the case of older Sanwa/Airtronics servos - the incorrect wiring of the plug. examples:
Servo - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.
Futaba FAAST - R6014FS receiver - servos do not work or sporadic.
Servo - Compatibility between age and brands
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links