RCU Forums - View Single Post - Going from 4wd to 2wd advices needed
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
shannow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going from 4wd to 2wd advices needed

Hello ,

I've reacently subscribed to a nearby club which runs in offroad 1/10 . I bought a B44 with a x12 6.5t motor with a 17t spur / 84 .

The "track" is indoor and it's the bare floor of the gymnasium mostly (sometimes we go to another track outside but it's with very special events ). Usualy the tracks (daily built) are very technical for trainning purposes .

I'm having fun with the B44 especialy since I went with the schumacker mini spikes (had the original tyres on the b44 and it was awfull . It was like running on ice ). But I can't resist to the envy of trying new stuff ...

I'd like to try myself with a 2wd buggy on this track , unfortunaly nobody has one ... plenty of 4wd though ...

I'm looking for more fun , something more simple mechanicaly , something straight foward may give me more satisfaction in driving .It's what I'm hoping . The B44 feels very (too much ? ) efficient , but I don't know a bit cold in feeling perhaps .
It is true that the track is very technical , very very slippery (being a gymnasium it has this oil touch on the floor from sweet of people) .

Would something like a kyosho rb5 be fun to drive ? Do you think I should get a 9.5t in that case (the 6.5t feels overpowered for the track ) ?

Thank you very much for your time and sorry for spelling errors (frenchy inside) .