RCU Forums - View Single Post - Curare Build
Thread: Curare Build
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Curare Build

Wow... that is pretty narrow! Then again, I remember identical concerns in my Tipo planning and builds which are essentially not much different from the Curare nose.

But actually it looks pretty good. It appears that your tank (it must be a 12 ouncer which is actually what the MK plans call for - 360cc) will leave the rear portion of the tank area open so you'll be able to tuck the wheel in there behind the tank. The nose gear always looks short but if you measure the farthest distance to the LE of the wing you should have the length shown on the plans when the gear is extended. That's all you should need.

I see that you have a prop mounted on your FX and there seems to be ample clearance. Is that an 11" or 12" prop?

I also assume that the tank fits through F3 which is where it will have to be slid into position through unless the opening between gear opening side blocks is wide enough to pass the tank. I'd try to insure you can slide it though F3 so that you can fix the tank floor into position. You might need (want) to make a U shaped cutout in the rear center portion of the tank floor to provide clearance for the wheel as well as to facilitate the linkage back to the servo which might best be mounted directly behind F3. The only problem with servos directly behind F3 is making sure that you can still remove the tank without the servo interfering and thus require to be removed as well.

I remember going through the acrobatics of getting the tank/gear/servos/linkage sorted out in the little Deception [&:]. At that size it was even more fun!

In any case, that looks like a good tank for the application. Is it possible to mount it sideways to leave even more space between the tank floor and the fuse bottom? It would have to be ~2" wide or so if I understand correctly.

David.