RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT TOC elevator servo mounting?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 AM
bgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT TOC elevator servo mounting?

I use socket head servo screws and use a 5/64 bit with a long extension to reach in and install the servo screws. The hard part is getting the servo in place. Cut the covering away from the slot. You might want to increase or notch the end of the mounting cutout in the rib to allow for the servo wire to fit through a little easier. I use a 24" servo extension to feed down through the servo hole and then back out the hole adjacent the servo hole on the rib the servo mounts to. Then wiggle the servo and feed it into position. After the servo is in position power up the servo and stick the servo arm through the slot and align it with the servo the way you want it to be. Again I use a socket head bolt and long extension to insert the bolt and screw the servo arm down. Then I install the servo screws and attach the servo to the rib. I also use the SWB double lock servo arms and I have to increase the length of the arm slot just a bit to get the side screw in the servo arm. It's a great installation and you'll be happy once it's done. My real advice is Patience.