Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

TT TOC elevator servo mounting?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

TT TOC elevator servo mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT TOC elevator servo mounting?

I have a TT TOC Extra 260. 50cc size. The servos are supposed to mount thru the stab root rib into a cutout in the rib nearest the servo arm slot already in the stab. The slot is covered over. This seems to be almost an impossibility. I can mount them by cutting a hole in the stab and gluing in some braces. I was wondering if anyone had managed to mount them thru the root rib. Seems a little like trying to build a ship in a bottle.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
hanko

Default RE: TT TOC elevator servo mounting?

It looks harder than it is. I have the 33%, maybe a little more room, but in honesty I said the same thing you did, but it actually is a pretty neat way to do it. cut the slot out, and seal the covering with a trim seal tool. if you have a small mag phillips it helps to hold the servo screws untill they are in the holes. the servo arm might be a little trickey, but a pair of long needle nose will hold it till you work it through the slot and on to the spline. good luck,
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 AM
bgold

I use socket head servo screws and use a 5/64 bit with a long extension to reach in and install the servo screws. The hard part is getting the servo in place. Cut the covering away from the slot. You might want to increase or notch the end of the mounting cutout in the rib to allow for the servo wire to fit through a little easier. I use a 24" servo extension to feed down through the servo hole and then back out the hole adjacent the servo hole on the rib the servo mounts to. Then wiggle the servo and feed it into position. After the servo is in position power up the servo and stick the servo arm through the slot and align it with the servo the way you want it to be. Again I use a socket head bolt and long extension to insert the bolt and screw the servo arm down. Then I install the servo screws and attach the servo to the rib. I also use the SWB double lock servo arms and I have to increase the length of the arm slot just a bit to get the side screw in the servo arm. It's a great installation and you'll be happy once it's done. My real advice is Patience.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

I sat down last night and figured it out. I tried a long phillips with a piece of fuel tubing to hold the screw in place. I also tried the T-handle allen wrench with the tubing. Either way will work. Do the arms need to be longer? I have my doubts about the stock Hitec arms being long enough. I was going to set the zero with my servo driver then align the arm with the body to install it. That way I won't have to install the arm thru the slot.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
lowslow

You need to use 1.5" to 2" arms. Please make sure you use high torque servos, the elevator has alot of area. I use SWB arms and tightening the lock screw is hard but it's a one time deal. Use the socket head screws and it should be pretty easy.