RCU Forums - View Single Post - improved vibration
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: improved vibration

ORIGINAL: gasayers
Unfortunatley what we don't get here are a lot of comments by satisfied users who have perhaps fiddled a fix as I suppose they are out using thier engines instead of looking for solutions.
Any happy chappies out there?
I would consider myself a happy RCV user. I have a 90SP and a 60SP. Both run great. I can't remember any significant vibration on my 60SP. But my 90SP vibrated EVERYTHING loose during break-in. After each run, I found loose mounting bolts, loose muffler, remote glow connection popped off the plug, and had to pick up all my tools that were on the bench and now on the ground. Even the large clamps that clamp down my break-in rig to the bench vibrated loose. And then, the rotting wood that the bench was made of started crumbling away because of the vibration. I can't remember how much running it took before things settled down, but it was a long time. I remember more than one gallon. RCV's are known to require an extra long break-in (I hope you knew that when you bought the engine).

I can't offer any magical fix. Just keep running it. Check everything for tightness after each run, and run it again. Bring ear plugs and a magazine. Eventually it will settle down.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5e0u7to3fI[/youtube]

Juice