View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
STANG KILLA SS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS4 Pro to drifter

ORIGINAL: cbr6fs

Good idea on the tennis balls [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

So you are over driving the rear wheels faster than the fronts then?

If that's the case then having larger tyres on the rear will give more grip.
More grip + over driven rear = really bad understeer.

The rear is going to be pushing the front, and as the front does not have as much grip as the rear this will give extremely bad understeer.

If anything you want more grip on the front so that the rears end up spinning rather than pushing the car.

We have to use those Yoko rings for the greek drift championship, i didn't think they were to bad to fit.
Have you tried the T-Drifts yet?
Now they are a ***** to fit [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Have you managed to take any video since the countersteer mod?

I'd be really interested in seeiong it in action.
thanks! i cant take credit for the idea though. the rock crawler guys have been doing it for years.

yes i am over driving the rears. however your theory is true for grip, not so much for drift. CS (countersteer) setups are about making the rear try to always pass the front of the car so that its sideways so you have to countersteer like a 2wd. otherwise most 4wd rc drift with the wheels staight for the most part. you can accomplish the CS setup two ways. running the rear wheels faster than the front so its always trying to pass itself, or do it with grip, more rear grip than front again will make the rear try to pass the front and allow the car to be more sideways and need countersteering. with the slick tires and having them always spinning this does not introduce understeer.

yeah i had the t-drifts. they were easy to mount. i got the yoko single rings mounted last night. finally got the system down after watching a youtube vid. used soap for lube and a small flat head screwdriver and got them mounted "fairly" easily. anxious to try them.

sorry havent taken any vid yet. still working on setup and practice. im running a VERY mild overdrive (1 tooth)so trying to get more CS with the grip method. looking forward to testing and results.

thanks!