RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

ORIGINAL: siddus74

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

As long as you do not use high end Digital servo's that Powerbox will be OK, JR8711's can pull 4.6Amps each so the limit would be the powerbox if you went that way, you would also have the problem of the possible low voltage drop out of the Spektrum Rx, you pays your monies and take's your..............etc:
Mike, yeah the amperage requires some thought . . . the Gemini can supply 10amps which I feel should be adequate . . my chosen servos are listed below

Futaba S3010 Elevator x1
Futaba S9202 Ailerons x2
Futaba S3001 Rudders x2
TPro S5010MG Flap x1

I dont think they wil top 10 amps do you? I may wire some thing up to tray and rest potential current draw . . . I stumbled accross some spectrum documentation that gave example of a 33% Sukhoi with 7 x JR8611s installed (that set up drew a maximum of 6.9amps) see the picture and the attachment for further details . . . quite interesting - what do you think?
What can you say, that set up only peaked at 6.9amps as you say, Quique's Python peaked sufficiently to put the battery he was using below 3.7volts and the Rx switched itself off, this is what happens with Spektrum, they did not fix the problem they just modified the Rx so it switches back on faster??????????? if you are happy with that then so be it, but do make sure you have a good capacity battery system.

Mike