RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

I had some trouble with my TJT 3000......took seven months to get a working ECU.......that was about 4 years ago.......I am a little reluctant to send my TJT to Australia for service . Do they still make this engine ?

You seem to have a hybrid wheel.....looks like a foam wheel with brakes spliced in . I looked on the DuBro website for the fiberglass gear but did not see a good replacement ........do you recall the mod no. or size . I really like the Snowbird scheme . Thinking about it I think my aluminum gear came from Houston Hobbies .
That engine has resurfaced in a manner of speaking as the Black Mamba - both are derived from the JG-100 . I hope to have the Reaper flying again next summer....

Those are the unibrakes that you see in the picture - bad idea, they didn't work. Those were replaced with proper jet wheels and brakes. I looked at the Dubro strut today, and it is a bit smaller than the Klett unit... However with the proliferation of giant scale aerobatic planes there is lots of aluminum or carbon fiber landing gear that could be adapted...

Here is a pic of it on a landing approach with its new wheels...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35192.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1335922