RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-17-2009, 05:22 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

ORIGINAL: alasdair

I can't remember what servos I used in the Boomerang. Certainly not digital, may have been high torque Hitec 625 or TP 5010, I just fit and forget, and sold it 130 flights later.

For the Spektrum radio (fitted in my JayTee) I started with a 5 cell AA high capacity battery but soon switched to a 5 cell 1400 mAh high current battery (I think the cells are 2/3 subC or similar) when I learned about 'brownout'. The high capacity NiMH AA cells have a high internal resistance and the voltage sags under load. With ''quickconnect'' receiver and a fade counter if possible it is not a problem.
Al,

As per email > I have some Futaba S9202 and S3010 but they all seem to show play when fitted due the larger horn length. Bizarrely I have some Tower Pro SG5010 with a massive 6K of toque @ 6v and they show no play at all! Can I really fit cheap Chinese Tower pro servos to a turbine? I was going to put a battery baker in any case, I have 3 xS9252 servos as well but they can only run @ 4.8v which is a real shame as there are fantastic servos of great specs.

I am very undecided . . .

Any adice wold be great.

Scott.