RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

ORIGINAL: Sonicwings

siddus74

Great, good you found a solution your happy with, i just had a look at the Sahara reg, yes looks good, and sounds like a good match with what your wanting to run...

BaldEagel,

How have you found the Reaper to build/assemble ???
How big is the box its shipped in ???
I to am looking for a cheeper, Hack jet to build, that can run a range of engine sizes....

Cheers Jeremy.
Sonic

The build is easy if you have built before, ply fus sides and internal formers and foam wings pre-covered with thin ply (can't spell venier) , mine came in three seperate boxes, but I did order other stuff with it, the wings are the biggest box about 1.2M sq, with fixed gear it makes a good hack, I am looking at just a couple of wheels sticking out of the fus with tip skids to make it even less trouble, maybe a mechanical brake on the front wheel only, just push the nose down once on the ground to slow up or to take off lift the nose, the width of the rear turbine deck will take a motor up too 112mm wide, perhaps even a little wider, all accords on the width of the mount.

Sorry I can't be more specific on the box's, send Mick Reeves and e-mail and ask, he or his son are very helpful, they also sell pleated paper clunk filters which if you install them in the main tank you can do away with the UAT.

Mike