RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

Let's be honest about these things, the voltage regulators and battery backers are only as good as the battery they are using, no regulator can continue to supply power to the Rx and servo's if the battery has fallen below the power requirements of the system, I know its telling granma how to suck eggs, but if you have a decent battery in the first place you don't need the regulators, have two batteries and you don't need the battery backer, none of these things will save an aircraft if a servo short's out or both batteries go bad, but in over 30 years of Rc flying I have never had that happen in the air, I have had it happen but on the ground, maintenance is everthing.

Now I think about it I did have one throttle servo stick at WOT in the air with the help of two other flyers we flew it around until the tank emptied and then landed it, now if that had been an aileron servo, but then I would not have put that type or size of servo on a control surface.

If you rearly want to push the boat out and have something which will isolate a servo which shorts out, then you are talking lots of cash for a PowerBox system, and if you want to check on what is happening in your airframe whilst its flying you are talking about the Weattronics gear, but at about £800 for a 12 channel Rx in my mind that is silly, unless you have a Mibo A10 or equivilant.

Mike