RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hare Electrics
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM
maxxteezy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Electrics

Hello guys. I'm here to chime in on this WHElectric thread. I have an eEdge, as a matter of fact, we've got 3 of them. Me and a couple of buddies went out on the 18th of Nov and got them. The build was easy, and since we didn't have any instructions yet (were still being printed), we went in commando on the builds, and they went smoothly. The only small issues we had were not trimming the servo openings, be careful not to try and force the servo's in place, because they will crack the fuse if you put too much force on them. Just go in and trim the holes a bit with an exacto or blade. I opted for the pull-pull set up on my Edge, with a High Torque JR126MG Standard Servo for the rudder and the same for the single-elevator setup. Ido not particularly like the single elevator, in which Iwill be going back to the dual servos, but with some beefier, metal geared high torque jobs. I noticed that when you give high rates of throw that the CS's don't stay synced as well as I'd like, so I'll change that. The motor mounted very easily, but again, since we had first run kits, the spacers weren't in the bag so I went ahead and fabbed up a set of spacer out of balsa and plastic (but now I have the spacers,Tom gave them to me on another trip out, and I will keep them for later..). The motor centered easily, and the firewall was already D&RT from the factory. The motor combo is very hott, straight vertical at half throttle. We use 2200mAH 4s Turnigy packs, and we get about 3-4 mins, or if you run 2 in parallel, you can get 7-8 mins.
And for the way it flies, brilliantly!!! My buddy did all of the flying, as Ijust flew mines for the first time today. He says that it flies like a large plane, exactly as Tom said that it does. It does all of the moves, and does them smoothly. It does very nice flat-spins, and knifedges like its on rails. It has unlimited vertical, even goes vertical at half stick. This plane hauls balls!!! If you prop it right, it could be a pretty speedy racer. The Edge is not a hard plane to land, if you keep the speed up a tad, it just settles in on its own. I like it, and I will get another one soon, maybe a white one this time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay75435.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	868.1 KB
ID:	1336660   Click image for larger version

Name:	hc94318.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	779.4 KB
ID:	1336661   Click image for larger version

Name:	ze84808.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	706.4 KB