RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 12-18-2009, 04:04 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

. . .but if you have a decent battery in the first place you don't need the regulators, have two batteries and you don't need the battery backer, none of these things will save an aircraft if a servo short's out or both batteries go bad, but in over 30 years of Rc flying I have never had that happen in the air, I have had it happen but on the ground, maintenance is everthing.

Mike
Mike some excellent points I feel . . . but the backer with two batteries as apposed to just two battteries serves as isolation in the event of battery going bad, im sure you knew this - maybe im reading it wrong.

I was talking to a young mate of mine thats not long been at work and has very little cash, he's a great pilot and I would let him fly anything of mine including the jets - the point he made was that if it was his he would have little choice but but to run with the TP servos and would just run with a really high quality 4.8V / 6.0V subc Nicad / Nim saying "I'm sure that would be fine" - thing is deep down I know this to be true, how often do have we put a backer and reg in a £700 chopper and or a larger pattern model? Next to never I bet . . .

I am the worst offender for listening to other people and throwing money at an install thats really OTT, half of it I bet is scaremongering and the fact the the primary installation was crap, I bet only a minute percentage of failure as due to equipment.

As you said - the ground checks and maintenance are the key and always provail and the quality of the actual installation first off as well I feel . . .

Scott.