RCU Forums - View Single Post - improved vibration
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 07:48 AM
gasayers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: improved vibration

Sorry about that Barry. It was never my intension to put anyone off these motors. As stated, mine started, ran, idled, transitioned, developed power as good as any other motor used. Really wanted to get mine going and this is supposed to be the manufacturers, (or representative) forum.

Also remember the90 does not appear to have the issue to anywhere near the same degree and the http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpmg2000-manual-v1_2.pdf should remove any remaining issues easily.

You have to assume they've sold literally hundreds if not thousands of these motors and presumable a lot are being used quite successfully.
I will have another go with mine as I refuse to be beat and in fairness I have not contacted RCV directly which would be the logical thing to do.
Now that I've repowered my spitfire electrically the urgency has gone out of the rcv so it could be awhile before I sort it out. But rest assured it'll be getting more attention yet. It'll just go into something different.

There is an sp running very regularly at our club and it’s awesome.
Cheers
Glen

The second diagram is the only useable option as the gears bottoming out will beggar the bearings very quickly if not already ruined.