RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nicklen Metal Hydride overcharge question
Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Nitro-Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nicklen Metal Hydride overcharge question

ok, I hope this is the right place to post this......I have been in R/c about 3 years....and I know electronics and understand charger settings, different battery chemisrty, etc....but somehow I still messed up!!!!!

I purchased a brand new Hydrimax ULTRA 2000mAh NiMH 6v 5-cell reciever pack........put it on my Piranha Digital peak charger, set to 1 amp charge then 200mA trickle........and I forgot it there for like 4 days!!!! Doah! [X(][:-]

Is this pack going to be OK? The pack was warm when I took it off, but NOT HOT.......warmer than after an overnight charge/trickel but not hot.

Would you trust your new $800 60 size Glow plane to it?

Should I cycle it? I don't know what to do, since I never "Forgot" a battery on a charger before......what a putz I am......could have burned down the house[:@], etc....... I know the rule, NEVER leave a battery unattended....but this time I got lucky, and nothing bad happened......

Just want to get "The Experts Opinion" (That's YOU) on this matter.......not sure if I just waisted $25 on a new Rx Pack or if I can trust this after the 4 day trickle.....

I have had really good luck with the Hydrimax 2000's and the digital charger, it has been a good combo for me.....I have 4 or 5 other packs all working fine for 2 years, many many flights.

But I wonder since this is not a LiPo or some other battery that will let me know for sure it is bad.........I like it when the LiPo's puff up real big like a Puffer Fish just before they explode

Thanks for the help to all who reply and Happy Holidays!

-Tom