RCU Forums - View Single Post - About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue
Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey Pat

What RCGF did and is doing, as Mr Liang states, is absolutely wrong. We can both agree to that. The ignitions that are being provided now are apparently those of another manufacturer (unknown) but they are working units. The term that fake constitutes non operational. That is what I am trying to say. A better term would be counterfeit I guess. I just don't want anyone to have an impression that the units that being provided with the engines are non operational. That's all.
I have to agree with Henry on this one. I realise we are talking semantics here (or choice of words) but counterfeit and fake are two different things.
To my knowledge, there haven't been any more reports of ignition failures on RCGF engines after August 2009 than before.

In saying that, the actions of the RCGF factory should be condemned and they have left a number of purchasers of their engines with an interesting dilemma. Because their manuals clearly state that these are Rcexl ignitions but now we know they aren't, who is responsible for the support and in particular the warranty?

This all seems to have happened around the same time as RCGF trood on their existing distributor channel and recruited new ones (including one Barry Cohen which we all remember).
Now, it appears that all the new distributors who in order to gain distributorship had to place large orders on RCGF have been left with engines with counterfeit ignitions.
I can only be thankful that I politely declined when RCGF offered me their new deal!

By the way, doesn't this discussion belong in the big RCGF thread?