RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hare Electrics
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 09:01 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Electrics

I bought my E-Slick a few days ago and it was delivered last night. Mama said I had to put it away until after Christmas. I couldn't put it away without at least taking a good look at it (in retribution I think I will make her build it for me...). I didn't get to pull it completely out of the package yet, but I did look at the cowl and wings and tail.

Quick first impressions (I will post much more when I build it over the weekend/next week):
The cowl and wheel pants are light but very stiff, much stronger than expected, with high quality paint. I love the cowl mounting method, is leaves a very clean and finished look.

The fuse is bigger than I expected and is light.

The covering was tight and the wood beneath the covering appears to have been sanded before covering, or at least cleaned up (many ARF planes have rough, "stringy" wood beneath the covering).

The landing gear legs are very nice!

The wings are very nice! They are built straight, have a nice covering job, and are very light, and are torsionally stiff. Like the fuse, the wings seemed larger than I anticipated.

I was happy to see all the connectors are already installed on the motor and ESC, and all servo extensions are included.

More info and pics later when I get a real chance to dig into it. Hopefully winter will wait a while so I can fly it next week.