RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2x4?
Thread: 2x4?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:15 PM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2x4?

Just curious about something. Lately I've seen a huge number of people refering to the 2WD Slash, as well as many other 2WD vehicles as 2x4s. There are a couple reasons I noticed this. The first reason is because until the recent release of the 4x4 (4WD) Slash I've never seen the term 2x4 used on these forums. But lately it's everywhere. Everybody seems to be using it. Just curious if the 4x4 Slash is the reason, or something else.

The other reason is silly, but it stands out to me anyway. Technically it's 4x2, not 2x4. The first number is the number of wheels (4 in most cases) and the second number is the number that are powered (4x2 = 4 wheels, driven by 2 of them). So to me, 2x4 just sounds strange because it's like saying 2 wheels, driven by 4. Don't get me wrong, I don't care, and I understand what people mean. I don't really have a problem with it. Just wondering why it has suddenly become so prevalent when I never saw that used on here until recently, and it's used all over the place now.

I probably sound like a picky jerk, but just to be clear I really don't care. Go ahead and use the terms you want to use, it doesn't actually bother me. Live and let live. I just noticed the sudden use of the term.