RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel? Glow plugs?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel? Glow plugs?

I am new here so bare with me. My son, a 14 year old, got a T-Maxx 2.5 for christmas. I read the manual completely and it says to use only Traxxas fuel and plugs. What is the difference? . I fly planes and use Byrons' 15% Nitro 18% oil in all my engines 2 and 4 stroke. Traxxas says to use 10- 20% fuel. I use O.S. #8 plugs and Type F for my four strokes. During the break in the stock plug burnt out and I put one of my #8 plugs in it. The only problem I have is a bog on take-off and a bad bog when it shifts to second. Occassionally it shuts off when it shifts. It could very well be me not tuning it right. I am kind of new at tuning things that don't fly and I can already see that there is a big difference. My son seems to think this thing should stand straight up when he kicks it from a standing start. I can't make it do it. I have always gotten great advice for my planes from these forums so when I found this one I figured I would ask those of you who have been there. What can I do to make this thing perform? Is the fuel I am using O.K.? How about the plugs? Any other tips you have would be great. By the way, I saw some-where a guy was saying he had a roll cage on his. I can see already that this would be a good investment for this one. Any-one know where I can get one?