RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel? Glow plugs?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 AM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel? Glow plugs?

Well, we went out today and ran her again. I did have to lean it a little from the factory settings I put it back to. Amazing! It was running great. He was running it around a small dirt track I made him in the yard so I told him to take it out in the clearing, a grass field in our yard about 2 acres, and open it up. Top end was great to. I guess it was finally getting broke in good. The temps were good, about 230, When the innevitable happened. It quit pulling all together. Motor ran good, it was in the tranny! I told him to shut it off and took it to the house. I found the problem to be a pin in the primary gear. Looked it up in the parts manual. When I called the hobby shop the guy said "Ah, the old 4995" He had plenty of them in stock. I take it to mean they break pretty often. Anyway, after a 2 1/2 hour trip to the hobby shop and back and a 1 1/2 hour re-assembly, got to show my son how it is done, it was running again. Problem was it was well after dark and freezing cold outside. That don't stop my boy. Out we go. Dad with a flashlight, that's me, and boy running his truck again. It did great. And yes, it was all worth it again. Funny, when the temp outside is only 27 degress, the engine barely breaks 200! You guys that told me the engine would come around as it lossened up were right. I appreciate it and I know my son does. I will keep you all informed on his progress with this one. I think my next project with it will be to change the spur gear out for a bigger one. He says it has to much speed and needs more take-off. I'll probably be buying axles after that but what the heck. Still looking for a roll- cage. Later