RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel? Glow plugs?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:17 AM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel? Glow plugs?

Another trip to the HS and I went with Byrons again. This time I got 20% nitro 12% oil car race fuel. Decided to go with the McCoy 59 plug. Cleaned out the tank, changed the plug, reset to factory needle settings. I didn't get warmed up good before the plug failed. changed the plug for another McCoy 59 and ran the tank of fuel at factory settings. It didn't run the best but it did go. It got dark on me so I will try again to fine tune it when ever my driver gets out of bed. Question. When I tune my planes I know I have to allow a little richer setting when it is real cold. I read somewhere not to run a car when it is this cold out-side. It is right at freezing here. What is the general train of thought here for cars trucks etc. I know weather doesn't stop me flying and if the truck will take it it won't stop my son from driving but I really don't want to screw his truck up either. By the way, before the first plug failed I did see the best accelleration this thing ever had. My son lit up when she stood on the bumper. I sighed when the $8 plug quit. I guess there are bad ones in the pack new. The new one seems O.K.