RCU Forums - View Single Post - ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
chaparral 97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

ORIGINAL: magnum57

hey guys, i need some help the guy’s at the local pond , who are very knowledgeable in rc boating keep suggesting different things i should do to my Mantaray to get it to go faster and not so wet. we have had awesome rusults so far Awesome people ,all Namba members. they race the circuit with cats and out riggers. my son and I would like to maybe run in a few open class races with our new friends just for fun, but would like to be competitive as well[X(] anyway. i have the motor complete the drive system is as good as it going to get, thanks to these guy’s tinkering with my boats. they seem to be very curious about how sweet the rtr WHH boats comes[:-] i mean my boat is a tank up against their boats. they have been a great help to me and my son. my question is how to make it lighter. I mean at around 22lbs its pretty heavy. with the double rudder, the heavy engine parts, rub rail, awesome thick hull etc. any thoughts on what could be done would be appreciated
The Mag is not a racer - It's a sport boat designed for heavy chop but here are some things you could try:

- Put in a fuel bag and move it closer to the engine
http://www.modelgasboats.com/Magazin...as_Bag_Setups/

- Rough up the back 1/3 of the hull bottom (search this forum and Jim's Boat Dock for the specifics on how to do this)

- Take the left rudder off. Pull the right one back a bit so it's angled off the boat.

- If you want to get more in depth on this take out the clutch.

- If you REALLY want to get serious put in a mod RCMK (I'll probably be modding mine in the future). Also, I believe you'll get more horsepower from a dry pipe as opposed to a wet pipe.

Robbie