RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I sell the Super Cub?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Leo L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I sell the Super Cub?

Hi Sandgroper,

DO NOT SELL THE SUPERCUB!!!

The SuperCub is designed to be flown by beginners, even if they NEVER had any simulator experience. Do not equate your problems on the simulator with real life flying. The simulator is a tool to help you fly. Its primary benefit is to get you used to the controls and to get you used to control reversal (when the plane is flying toward you left is right and right is left). For everything else the simulator is only a rough approximation of real flying. Some people do great with it, others do not. I started flying when I turned 50, which was five years ago. I had no help and I did not have any planes that were nearly as beginner friendly as the SuperCub, yet I was able to learn with little difficulty. I never touched a simulator until this Christmas, when my wife bought me one. I have a hard time flying the planes on the simulator and almost never land them correctly, yet in real life I'm at or near the expert level.

Set aside the simulator and go fly your plane. However, before you fly it make sure that you read and study the advice given by Ed Anderson: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18