RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of jumping ship from Futaba to Hitec
Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of jumping ship from Futaba to Hitec

ORIGINAL: Pippin

Some thought on Futaba and Hitec

...I wouldn´t blame Futaba/O.S. but only the US-importer. In Japan, the O.S. 72A costs only a couple of bucks more than the 56a. The 72a is priced between the 56a and 82a. Ask the US-importeur about its strange price politics. I guess they think the 72a might be the hot seller. Anyway.

If you look at Futaba in the US you should really consider the special offers.

Before I would buy the A9 I would try to imagine how this radio looks in your hands after a couple of days on the field. Would you still be happy having saved some bucks after your next pay check has arrived?

And look at Futaba, there are some new kind of RX Data bus system in the pipe.

Furthermore, if you get the T10 with the 14ch Rx you have already establish a basis for upgrading your hanger with the 12FG or 14ch radio. At Hitec, it rather looks like that people will be restricted to only 9ch for a long time to come.

I do not know what you want to fly in the coming years but I would keep my options open with a Futaba radio. Otherwise, you might be starting again re-equiping you models with new recievers.

I've been very happy with my 9C for some time - I am a sport flyer - I don't have a lot of complex models. the 12/14 channel radios are far and away more than I would ever spend on a radio. Well, unless I came into some serious money but if you don't play the lottery you can't win the lottery.

I like the 10C but compared to the Aurora and what I need (I've never used the 9th channel on the 9C) historically why should I spend $200 more for the transmitter and then another $30 for every airplane I want to fly with it over the hitec?

I flew with a futaba 5 channel FG from 1989 to 2000 when I upgraded to a computer radio (6EXA). The 6EXA was a frustrating radio since you couldn't name your models at the time (I think it can now). Then I upgraded to the 9C which has been my favorite radio.