View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
JohnnyGreed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rovan Sports Baja 29cc report

ORIGINAL: tonystott

Do you have a Rovan Johnny?

Kostenko,
I would also like to see links to where problems have been reported regarding Rovan motors.

I think we have to separate the horrendous problems experienced by the owner of the thread, as that motor damage is way beyond a QC issue. I am reminded about the Jaguar owner in UK who spent ages trying to track down a mysterious rattle, and eventually (I seem to recall) the factory gave him a new one, and then dismantled the noisy one. Eventually they found, inside the door sill, a nut welded to a thin piece of wire, which banged when ever the car hit the slightest bump. Beside it was a note: ''you found it then'' (or similar). Some b*stard worker's idea of a joke, or he was somehow p!ssed off at his bosses...
I use to have one. But i sold it. It was ok. But there is a problem when you order something and everything is smashed to pieces at the arrival, as in Rallyfinnens case. Rovan have not taken their responsibility when the offer him some spare parts to fix it. When I buy something i use to expect to get it in one piece... At least when I buy new stuff?