RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)
Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 AM
flutter caused it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)

Hello fellow osmose enthusiast, I've just completed my Osmose today. Total all up weight is 5.37 lbs. I think that is pretty light (give me some input). I built mine using Evolutions new 40 size 60 two stroke. I mounted the fuel tank in the rearward position and am using a Perry pump. I broke the engine in today. I took a few minutes to figure out just how to adjust the pump, but it was worth the wait. My sideways mounted 60 runs like a sewing machine. Good solid idle with a great transistion to full rpms. I will start with a 12/6 prop and see how she likes it. Mounting the 60 sideways meant that my Macs pipe follows the fusealge tunnel with no cutting for any part of the muffler. I intentionally used the 60 engine in an attempt to keep the Osmose as light as possible. I also used a HS 81 throttle servo, exchanged the elevator rod for a carbon fiber rod system. I trashed all of the plastic/nylon clevises and added Sullivan metal ones. She will not be a hanger queen, as I plan on the maiden tomorrow afternoon (micro biology test in the morn, argh). I'l take some preflight pics. Will also try to remember to bring my video camera and post videos on youtube.