RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Piper 1/5 Scale J-3 Cub kit
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
texastwister3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Piper 1/5 Scale J-3 Cub kit

Hello WacoNut,
This is my first question since I have been in RCU. I am seeking some information onbuilding the Sig 1/5 Scale Piper J-3 Cub. I would like to know if you had any trouble with the routing of the elevator control tube as far as binding due to the way it is routed around the F-7 former just before it exits the fuselage. I have been debating whether or not to drill a hole through the former so it would give the control tube more of a straight shot to the exit. I am concerned that by doing this that it might compromise structural integrity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I end up mangling this model. I have chosen this more or less as a trainer for myself. I have a great planes trainer forty, but it has a symetrical airfoil and is extremely too fast for me. I am planning on putting in a supertiger S45K with a pitts exhaust. The kit calls for a 40 to 46 two stroke engine, but I am concerned that a 45 may not be enough power. Do you have any enlightenment on the subject of power requirements? I am building the basic J-3 and not the clipped wing version.

Thank You.