RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please direct me to an online store that will ship a SIG kit to Australia
Old 01-31-2010, 06:12 AM
tassiemark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please direct me to an online store that will ship a SIG kit to Australia

A couple of years ago I used to get SIG kits from RCwarehouse up in Queensland and at great prices too,its a shame they stopped getting them and of course they arent even trading as of a month ago.I doubt that any Australian importers will pick up SIG products (especially as they seem to have difficulties supplying even their domestic market at the moment)which is a real shame,that really only leaves Great Planes and Balsa USA in kitform coming to our shores these days.Excuse my rant but here in Australia it will become hard for kit builders just starting out to get a good 1st,2nd and even third kit to build up their skills with.I am just glad they were available when I needed them.Great Planes kits are WAY overpriced here, over $300 for an Ultrasport 60 kit is norm now which as our dollar nudges closer to par with the US dollar is a bitter pill to swallow! Especially as our local balsa from PNG is far lighter and of considerably higher grade than what I have found GP includes in theirs.So for me now that I have the experience behind me it is time to pick out some plans from the thousands available,buy some balsa,track down a canopy that will suffice and go for it and the money that I save from not buying an overpriced kit down here can go towards a new nifty bit of workshop gear or some scroll saw blades!
Of course a bargain on Fleabay is worth two in the bush however!
Just my five cents worth CustomPC, good luck and hopefully you get hold of your Cub kit!
Tassiemark