RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please direct me to an online store that will ship a SIG kit to Australia
Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Sandmann_AU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please direct me to an online store that will ship a SIG kit to Australia

I have to second Tassiemark's comments - I bought RC Warehouse's second last kit (a GP Super Skybolt), and I know they were having problems getting stock from their Canadian "parent store". The big problem with getting kits out of the USA at a reasonable price is that USPS (United States Postal Service) has a small size limit (80 inches I think?) on international parcels that's a few inches less than most kit boxes, and UPS/FedEx etc charge through the nose for international deliveries.

I may have found us Aussies a loop-hole... Canada's postal service has a much more generous size limit on parcels (120 inch from memory)... the problem with this is finding a Canadian retailer who'll ship overseas and who stocks kits. I found RC Warehouse's "parent" but at the time they were refusing to ship to us because they had a local franchise - maybe they'll change their mind now. Can't remember their name, but will see if I can find out.

If anyone's got any better ideas I'd love to hear them. I've thought about getting a bunch of Aussies together to buy a bunch of stuff, and trying to get someone in the USA to receive all the stuff and put it in a container to bring here - it might be worth it if we can get enough numbers, but it'd take a lot of trust etc and take a while to ship out here.