RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need a new truck..but what?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
YXZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a new truck..but what?

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: YXZ123

Hey guys, looking for a new truck. Not new to RC though.

I'm debating between a Traxxas E-Revo Brushless, or an HPI Savage Flux HP. As you can tell I want power, and brushless. I am a heavy basher, so strength is a huge bonus for me. I have been looking at the ERBE for a long time..but recently due to events on the traxxas forums, I am looking into HPI. The Savage looks tank. But what are the weaknesses?

Has anyone had experience with both? Or, what are the strength's/weaknesses..

any help appreciated, Thanks.
I think that the flux would be better for you. The e-revo is a little lighter and faster than the flux, but it also isn't as durable. The Savage flux is based off of the nitro savage chassis.
I'm also weighing in the factor of not having a track here, well a decent one. There is one..but no one has really used it in about a year. The Savage Flux seems really good. I'm still looking it over. Is HPI good with customers, as in good customer service and if something goes wrong? It would be a whole new learning experience, coming from Traxxas to HPI.

Anyone know the biggest weaknesses in the Savage Flux? Kind of new to HPI, so I'm still wondering around.
Thanks guys.