RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need a new truck..but what?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
YXZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a new truck..but what?

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

I don't think the Savage Flux has any weaknesses.

You may find some more answers in the Monster truck forum. If I was looking for a MT, the Savage would be my fist choice. E Revo is cool and all, but I want an MT to run shtuff over with, not take corners.
well there is a weakness was talking to the guys at the LHS who love savages about it.
the one plate has the tenancy to bend and HPI knows it they said they asked a rep about it. HPI's reply was use 2 Savage TVPs to stop the bending. which are readily available off ebay for $27 or so, then when asked why it wasn't sold stock they said ppl complain the price is too high already immagine the complaints when it would be raised $80... But thats in case you do heavy bashing like 15-20 foot high jumps(most savage owners forget the truck doesn't have wings, myself included) normal use it should be fine
Lol. I am unsure of a truck that does have wings..I know my truck right now doesn't. So the Savage Flux is an overall good choice for a heavy basher? I love jumps..but maybe if I do bend it, I would look into that upgradeable part. I have never hit that big of a jump, 3 foot high with a 15 foot gap, with a 2WD truck! :P

The truck is cheaper, and I see on vids with a few lipos, the thing can really fly. How are the dog bones? I have heard mixed replies over those, as to if they are good or not.