RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need a new truck..but what?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need a new truck..but what?

ORIGINAL: YXZ123

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

I don't think the Savage Flux has any weaknesses.

You may find some more answers in the Monster truck forum. If I was looking for a MT, the Savage would be my fist choice. E Revo is cool and all, but I want an MT to run shtuff over with, not take corners.
well there is a weakness was talking to the guys at the LHS who love savages about it.
the one plate has the tenancy to bend and HPI knows it they said they asked a rep about it. HPI's reply was use 2 Savage TVPs to stop the bending. which are readily available off ebay for $27 or so, then when asked why it wasn't sold stock they said ppl complain the price is too high already immagine the complaints when it would be raised $80... But thats in case you do heavy bashing like 15-20 foot high jumps(most savage owners forget the truck doesn't have wings, myself included) normal use it should be fine
Lol. I am unsure of a truck that does have wings..I know my truck right now doesn't. So the Savage Flux is an overall good choice for a heavy basher? I love jumps..but maybe if I do bend it, I would look into that upgradeable part. I have never hit that big of a jump, 3 foot high with a 15 foot gap, with a 2WD truck! :P

The truck is cheaper, and I see on vids with a few lipos, the thing can really fly. How are the dog bones? I have heard mixed replies over those, as to if they are good or not.
I've heard the same some people say they bust them in the 1st few days (HPI will replace them for free the 1st time) and buy a stronger one. Others say they had no issues. I guess it all depends how you drive it. Goes back the the ppl think it has wings thing seeing how insanely high they can fly, and usually drive away unscathed.