RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM
flutter caused it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Osmose 70, Sort of build thread (slow..)

Thanks Nathan, I think I have it now. Anyways, I was able to madain the Osmose. Flew it twice actually. I was having problems with the perry pump at the field, and couldnt get max rpm's, so first few flights were at below half throttle. The youtube link is listed below.. I think I have it figured out now though. Problem is that while running the pump using a two line tank system, I had to turn the idle mixture completely closed. Even this resulted in a rich, slow transistion to full throttle. A search revealed that some people are using a three line tank system with a bypass back to the tank located inbetween the pump outlet and the carb. I did this was was able to open the lower speed mixture to one full turn out, and it had a perfect transistion. But now, when I held the nose of the plane up at full throttle, it leans out. Doesnt matter how rich you adjusted the pump or the high speed mixture, the engine wasnt getting enough fuel. I cut the bypass line and inserted a small piece of copper tubibg that was slightly crimped on one end to act as a slight restriction. This seems to have solved my problem. I will try some more flights this weekend.
Any advice on where I can obtain carbon fiber landing gear and wheel pants. Landing in the grass was enough to crack one of the wheel pants. Hobby City sells a set of carbon landing gear that is advertised at 160mm at $28.58. Has anyone used this gear? How does it fit and function?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8CfXYVc52w