RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Jeti Advance 77 Pro Opto. 53g! WOW!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 AM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Jeti Advance 77 Pro Opto. 53g! WOW!

ORIGINAL: DaveL322

Having just wired up a brandy new HV80, I would note that the 105 gram weight includes rather long (~6'') 10 gauge wires. With short leads, single connector, and bullets (more comparable to the Jeti in post 1, or a Schulze with bullets attached to the board), the weight would drop to about 70 grams. The accuracy of the data logging on the smaller ICE controllers I've used is very good (and should be the same on the HV ICE). And I'd further note that Castle ESCs are generally very conservatively rated, so I'd expect them to be more tolerant of the some of higher amp setups being used.

I hope to do some static testing the next few days.......flying is not looking likely with the low temps and snow in the forecast.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
Team Castle Creations

Dave,

Thanks for the input! I hadn't realized how much modification was possible on the CCHVs. Do you have a photo to share as a "How To" example? Having not tried CC for a while I admit to not following the latest on firmware, but have they also resolved that awful screech? If the screech is gone, mods bring the weight down to 70g, the logging is superior to a Jeti 75, and the performance is comparable, I may need to pick one up myself

Joe